Wednesday, November 11, 2009
From Kris H. / KrispysKingdom
My son, Max, was attacked by our family cat, Lego, today. The cat has never intentionally hurt any of us in the year or so we have had him. Max thought it would be funny to let the cat out, but it wasn't, so he offered to go get him. Lego was sitting in a bush that had lost most of its leaves. I guess when Max attempted to get Lego, he felt cornered and reacted by scratching him in 7 places. It happened so fast. One second, everything was fine and the next Max was screaming. We took him to the ER where he got two stitches on his forehead. A couple of the wounds look pretty deep and there is concern for infection, so Max is on antibiotics for the next 7 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'll be praying! Its so scary when our kids get hurt and 'the other shoe hasn't dropped' yet.
ReplyDeleteI will be thinking of Max. Stitches!! It sounds like everyone, including Max, understands that Lego probably was scared.
ReplyDeleteRebecca
The blog wasn't accepting this comment so I have tried an alternate way to post the comment and it's asking for URL. Sorry. I tried it with just my name
Thinking of your son, Kris and wishing him a speedy recovery!!
ReplyDeleteKris, hope your son recovers quickly!
ReplyDeleteHoping for a speedy recovery for your son, Kris. I´m always scared that something happens to our grandchildren - the have a french mastiff. Although she´s a very calm and friendly dog you read a lot of things happening ...
ReplyDeleteKris - I work for a veterinarian, and I know first hand that cat attacks hurt like crazy. I'd rather be bitten by a dog (and I have, many times) than get into a cat brawl. Make sure you baby your son a-plenty, and make sure to keep the wounds clean. Finish up all the antibiotics they gave you and if things don't look right, don't hesitate to bring him back in. Prayers coming your way ......
ReplyDeletePoor fella'! So sorry to hear he had to get stitches! I hope he heals quickly! Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteWe had a kitten, Smokey, years ago that attacked my daughter. Days later when she still wasn't healing, it was determined she had contracted (don't laugh! - well, you can because we do now) Cat Scratch Fever - Yep, doc actually called it that! Course of treatment was changed and she healed quickly. Smokey got his name changed, immediately, to Ted Nugent lol
Kris I will keep your son and your whole family in my prayers. I will pray that your son doesn't have any lasting scares physically or emotionally from being attacked by a family pet.
ReplyDeleteow!ow!OUCH! Having both kept cats and dogs and worked with cats and dogs I know that pain so well. I really do wish the poor little fella a speedy recovery from those wounds and no lasting scars. Give him a big hug and xxxx's from all us Zazzlers mum (but mind those stitches!)
ReplyDeleteWe all love out pets, and amid our love and care we sometimes forget that they are in fact animals. So we are shocked when something like this happens, and many would immediately get rid of and animal that "attacked" But we must understand that we may have just not understood what was going on in the offending pets mind. Just recently our German Shepherd, we have raised since she was only 4 weeks old (mother killed) bit my husband's hand. After assessing the damage and bandaging his wounds, we began an analysis what took place. Within moments we figured out that it really was an accident and she responded as any other dog would have. So, I praise you for not punishing the cat, and I pray that all of your son's wounds will heal quickly.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless
Caroline